Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Julia Duffy
Votes |
Question on MLS listing procedure

Julia Duffy
Posted May 28 2019, 13:02

I’m just about to list a duplex for sale this week. This will be the first time working with the listing I choice. I think he is a perfectly fine agent and I have no concern with the house selling. Today pictures were taken and the listing will be posted live tomorrow. I had asked my realtor if he could send me the pics and listing blurb before it goes live just so I can have a look, telling him I completely trust his judgment and it will probably look great but I may have some input.

After dodging the question repeatedly he finally flat out told me it was impossible and highly unusual for a client to even ask that. That normally the listing goes live and a link is sent to client. Gave me the line “let me do my job” kind of thing and end of discussion.

I thought this was strange and that my request was really not unreasonable at all and pretty normal actually.

Any thoughts? What's the norm with this kind of thing? I would imagine many people selling a house would want to just see what was being posted prior to it going live on MLS.

Loading replies...