Local investor agent in Westchester NY

7 Replies

I am a part-time rental property investor trying to find my first deal. Looking at multi family houses in the lower Westchester NY area. Spoke with some agents who are more for buy and live in type clients. Looking for investor agents or agents who are also investors. I did some research online and send a few emails and messages in BP haven’t got many responses. Anyone has suggestions on how to break through this bottle neck? Thanks!

Hi Ceci, the best way to get an agent to take you seriously as a first time investor is to be well prepared. Get pre-approval from a bank, and be as clear and specific as you can in terms of what you're looking for. 

It is a competitive market out there so preparation is key. That being said, feel free to message me, i'd be happy to help any way I can.  

I think what @John B. said is very accurate. Most of us are in the field making our deals and have limited time. A great agent will prep you if you don't have the necessary documents/mentality but rest assured; NY Agents are in some serious competition  and will want to know you're serious before they even take you out.

And those that take out unqualified leads are typically less experienced.....

Feel free to reach out if you have  any questions. Westchester is one of  my stomping grounds.

@John B. Do you have a local bank or other lender you would recommend for a conventional loan in Westchester? I’m trying to get pre qualified but haven’t found a bank yet! Steering clear of big banks and was hoping for something local. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Aaron OCallahan :

@John B. Do you have a local bank or other lender you would recommend for a conventional loan in Westchester? I’m trying to get pre qualified but haven’t found a bank yet! Steering clear of big banks and was hoping for something local. Thanks!

Why would you steer clear of the big banks for a conventional loan? What are you trying to buy? I used PCSB to purchase in Dutchess, they have a branch in Mount Vernon. 

Hey Aaron, yes I know a few lenders you could speak with. Feel free to shoot me a message and we can discuss a bit more.

Thanks guys for commenting back. @Scott Wolf I am under the impression that local lenders know the market better, offer better terms, and I expect it will be a better experience working with them. I could be wrong! 

@John B. I will PM you.

Thanks guys for commenting back. @Scott Wolf I am under the impression that local lenders know the market better, offer better terms, and I expect it will be a better experience working with them. I could be wrong! 

@John B. I will PM you.

If you're looking to buy a SFH or 1-4 in your own name(and househacking), a larger bank (Chase, Wells, etc.)will give you the best rate and terms. If you're looking to buy a small MF or commercial for investment in an LLC, a smaller bank would be the best.