Votes |
How to endure waiting after listing and until gets sold

Young S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Nov 26 2019, 10:36

Hi

I am an investor and also a real estate agent

I have been in investing side a number of years ,and I recently became a real estate agent.

I just post my first listing and it's been 6 days. According to zillow, my listing is popular, but very few showing.

I know I have been in this game, but I am nerves. Full of fear of what ifs. How to cope and endure waiting..

What else I need to do ?

User Stats

Votes
Angie Shires
  • Realtor
  • Tyler, Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Tyler, Tx
Replied Nov 26 2019, 12:03

@Young S. Congratulations on getting your license. You will gain a lot of knowledge that will help you with building your portfolio! 

First, I should say that I wouldn't put much stock in anything Zillow has to say about anything! We have tools as agents that we can use. Have you looked at the reports within your MLS to see how many times it's been emailed, how many times the email has been viewed, how many searches it matched, etc? That will give you great insight!

Also, do you have your key box set up with the property address? If not, you should do that...if the home is vacant, it may be shown and you have no clue! I always follow up any showings with a quick text or email asking for feedback. Most agents will oblige. 

How is the area the home is in? Are there any issues with the house that might be keeping potential buyers from looking? Do you have good pictures posted? These are all things that price could overcome, you just need to know what you're looking at! 

If you are getting views, but nobody wants to see it could mean you area overpriced quite a bit...if you are getting showings but no offer, it probably means you are only slightly overpriced. I review each of my listings weekly to see how activity has been, and evaluate price with my client...you should probably do the same. 

What are your holding costs? It might actually be better to take a price reduction than to sit on your property for a few months. It's a decision that only you can make! 

Hope that helps! 

User Stats

Votes
Young S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Nov 26 2019, 19:15

Thank you so much!! It's really help!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes