• Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Getting My Real Estate License - Choosing A Brokerage

Brittany Chesley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Mar 21 2020, 20:44

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all keeping sane in this pandemic we're in. 

I am working on getting my real estate license, and at first I was deciding between doing commercial and residential. I came to my decision of doing residential and want to focus on luxury real estate for many reasons. 

As I am meeting with several brokerages I'm struggling to figure out which to place my license. I've narrowed it down to 3: Berkshire Hathaway, Keller Williams, Signature Real Estate (This last one is only in Las Vegas and here, they are fee based but also offer great training for newbies)

With my intensions of focusing on luxury homes, I worry about working with a smaller brokerage (Signature). Being able to brand myself and build a team in the future, great training, culture, and ability to have control of growing my business is big for me.

I would love any feedback from someone who has worked with any of these brokerages and/or does luxury homes. 

Thank you for any and all feedback!! 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Alexander
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ellwood City, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ellwood City, PA
Replied Mar 29 2020, 17:27

@Brittany Chesley

Hi Brittany, I’m with Berkshire and they had a great training program all online on zoom and if you complete the program within a year, you’r commission % increases. I would give them a look. They’re not the main broker locally, but they’re bigger nationally and have a good image IMO.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
David Nacco
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Mar 30 2020, 07:18
Originally posted by @Brittany Chesley:

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all keeping sane in this pandemic we're in. 

I am working on getting my real estate license, and at first I was deciding between doing commercial and residential. I came to my decision of doing residential and want to focus on luxury real estate for many reasons. 

As I am meeting with several brokerages I'm struggling to figure out which to place my license. I've narrowed it down to 3: Berkshire Hathaway, Keller Williams, Signature Real Estate (This last one is only in Las Vegas and here, they are fee based but also offer great training for newbies)

With my intensions of focusing on luxury homes, I worry about working with a smaller brokerage (Signature). Being able to brand myself and build a team in the future, great training, culture, and ability to have control of growing my business is big for me.

I would love any feedback from someone who has worked with any of these brokerages and/or does luxury homes. 

Thank you for any and all feedback!! 

eXp Realty is great and has lots of training and support and

very low fees. You start at 80% commission and you have the opportunity

to get all the commission you paid the company back in the form of

stock. One thing I've noticed during all this is that it really helps

when we are all working from home to be with a company that is built to

be able to run your entire business online and from home. I can give you

a guest pass to our virtual office if you'd like. You can check out

everything in there and even attend any of the training courses we have

going on. We do about 40-60 hours of training a week and it's free to

check out.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes