• Real Estate Agent
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Is Cold Calling Inhumane?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Jan 21 2021, 15:16

Hi. I'm currently looking for deals for a builder client in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties (1 to 3m). This client can pay all cash, no contingencies, and will buy the property totally as is. Because they buy older houses on larger lots and build new homes that sell for more than twice as much they usually can offer market value. I've mostly been targeting absentee owners in these markets. I've compiled a list of 900 or so properties, skip traced them, and have been cold calling these owners. Something that keeps happening is people express an interest in selling, are interested in the offer I present, then when I submit the official contracts they ghost me. Others are very quick to assume I'm trying to either scam them, or if I send a text they think it isn't serious and its spam. My question is- is cold calling a good way to prospect for leads? It seems like doorknocking isn't such a good idea right now considering covid. Other things like developing a strong social media presence don't really appeal to me. Also I get that unsolicited calls are annoying but the level of rudeness I experience daily is always surprising. I keep questioning whether calling all of these people randomly all day is a waste of my time. What are your thoughts?

Loading replies...