Skip to content
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders
Account Closed
Votes |
Is this mortgage broker legit?

Account Closed
Posted Jun 27 2014, 06:12

I found a mortgage broker online (lending411) as I was annoyed with my national bank (which I found is being sued by the govt!) for giving me the run around and pretty much taking so long on my application.

I looked up the mortgage broker on the NMLS, and he is listed as licensed with an MLO, and his business is licensed with a Mortgage Broker.

The business is on BBB with A+ but it is NOT accredited.

What got me suspicious is that I took a closer look at the online reviews, and came to the conclusion he/the company wrote their own reviews! All the reviewers pretty much said the same thing, and they only have one review in their history. In fact, one review the username was HIS name, passing off as another person.

My question is, should I be alarmed? Should I run away and just stick with my bank, although poor customer service, is nationally recognized?

Or is this broker legit because he is licensed on NMLS, and perhaps just wants to get his name out there on the net by writing fake reviews?

The broker didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary/suspicious, except to tell me that I would need to pay for the appraisal when it occurs (rather than at closing) bc it's done by a third party.

Please advise! I am looking to close end of next month and need to get a move on things.

Loading replies...