Mortgage Brokers & Lenders

User Stats

Votes
Sonny Sonny
Votes |
any ideas on how to obtain work from Banks & Mortgage Co

Sonny Sonny
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

In fixing up their properties that are n foreclosure? Doing all repairs - lock changes - board ups - cleanups - maintenance - digital photos etc?
Seems like there should be a need for this type of service that's for sure. Can't believe that these properties are maintained in house. I have skills in all areas & have built many a building from the ground up - including digging the basement laying the block - shingling - plumbing - electrical - framing - everything. Not to many contractors out there can claim skill in all areas - most just specialize in one area, I always found that to boring. Anyways hoping someone may have a few ideas to share.

Thank you

Sonny

User Stats

Votes
Eric Foster
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Portland, OR
Replied Jan 29 2008, 10:47

Contact the different asset management companies. They are the ones that do the hiring for what you described.

Call the Realtors that have the properties listed, explain what you do, and ask for names and numbers of who to call.

Go to the HUD and VA websites… Call the local offices ask how to get on their list.

User Stats

Votes
Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied Jan 29 2008, 11:27

Sonny,
The thing is banks typically don't do the repair work (not in my area at least). I'd market to the investors that buy these foreclosures. Find the REO realtors (the realtors listing the foreclosures for sale) and find out from them who the buyers are. They will be your source for work.

Tim

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eric Foster
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Portland, OR
Replied Jan 29 2008, 20:27

Banks will do only the minimum repairs needed… i.e. Lock changes, boarding up broken windows, cleaning out junk left behind, tarp leaking roofs, winterization, and fix safety relates issues…

Other than that… Yes, go after the Realtor and the Real Estate Investor…

User Stats

Votes
Sonny Sonny
Votes |
Replied Jan 31 2008, 04:00

Some good sound advice has been given. I suppose I can do a search for my local Hud / VA Housing organizations. Will also start calling the local banks & realtors - ( love them cold calls ) Anyways thank you all for taking your time to help me out, much obliged.

Sonny