Skip to content
Mortgage Brokers & Lenders

User Stats

Votes
Frank Bartlo
  • Inspector
  • Detroit, MI
Votes |
NIV / alt doc rehab money for fixer in Detroit?

Frank Bartlo
  • Inspector
  • Detroit, MI
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

I have a run-down, but structurally sound and definitely fixable brick 2-family upper/lower which could also be easily be a 4 bedroom/2 bath single-family house in Detroit that I figure needs about 30-35K of repairs (conservatively), and I own free & clear (aside from 1 year of taxes and a water bill).

Last I checked my credit score was 668. I am self-employed and blow out most of my income with deductions, so bank statements would be my only income verification, and even they are pretty complicated, as I use several business and personal accounts for reasons of problem-free depositing and cashing of checks from clients. Also, I had a Ch. 7 bankruptcy discharged not quite 2 years ago (nightmare deal wiped me out then), but credit is spotless since then.

I would need at least some of the rehab money up front. Are there any possibilities out there?

I would also consider a contractor who finances if they can finance someone like me. I could easily manage any reasonable payment amount (i.e., not amortizing or ballooning too quickly).

Loading replies...