Re Finance 2 Condo Units in Logan Square - <50% Owner Occupancy

3 Replies

I own 2 condos in the same building (~$150K value each) in Logan Square, one is financed through a local bank that sold the property as a foreclosure several years ago and the other we paid for through a HELOC on our primary residence. Owner occupancy is not yet to 50%, we are shy a couple of units. The lender I work with can't do the refi until it's at 50%.

The local bank is super annoying to work with and is an ARM that adjusts in 4 more years. We'd like to get them both into a conventional mortgage.

Anyone have leads on a bank/broker who would work with us under this circumstance and still offer competitive rates?  I think commercial loans would be an option but I don't really want to be in the 6%+ area.

Sorry, I forgot to add I am looking for someone in the Chicago area!

@Stefanie K. - local banks will be your best option even if they're annoying to work with.  Otherwise you need a lender willing to lend on  a non-warrantable condo in Cook County.  Both difficult.  I work with one but rates will be 6.5-8.5%.  

@Stefanie K. my lender does non-warrantable  condo loans. That what you will need here. PM for details if still needed.

thanks,

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.