Im buying a property fha and I'm short $800 for reserves.

6 Replies

I'm buying a property with an FHA loan and I'm short $800. I'm in the underwriting process. I have the money but I can't account for it. Is there any way around this?

@Charles Williams ask the loan officer if they can increase the rate and provide you a lender credit. This should reduce your funds needed at closing and increase your leftover assets.  Other option may be a gift from a family member. 

@Charles Williams They told me that I couldn't use a gift letter for reserves.

Then give them a reciept for labor cleaning their yard for $800 

@Charles Williams The gift can be used towards down payment and the funds you were using for the down payment can be considered reserves.  The donor does not have to state that the gift is going towards reserves. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here