Average closing costs

Average closing costs

Philadelphia Area · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Just did my first refinace on a property in PA. It was a frustrated process especially because of the appraisal, they were clueless and won't admit that they were wrong.

My question is, regarding the closing costs.

My understanding is that, the closing amount can vary from one lender to another one. Do you guys shop around based on the closing cost?

What's the average closing costs for a property appraised anywhere between $100k-$200k?

Regards,

0Reply
15 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Surf City, NC · Member since 2017 · 648 posts · 597 votes
    6y

    I have found that closing costs are usually between 2-4% of the purchase price. In the beginning you should shop around and talk with several different lenders and attorneys. For the most part, their fees should be fairly close to each other. If there is an outlier (either way more expensive or way cheaper) be wary. At the end of the day, I would go with the lender that you trust the most and have the best relationship with vice whoever is cheaper.

  • Philadelphia Area · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Sean McDonnell thanks Sean for the quick reply. That was the reason I went with this lender (I trust the mortgage agent).

    The closing costs was $8787.05

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.