Possible to get a conventional mortgage on a duplex in commercial

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Yes, if it is your primary residence for sure. If it is an investment property, it still should qualify for conventional, but you may need to shop lenders to find one willing to do it. If the loan is under an LLC or business entity, no.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 90 posts · 73 votes
    6y

    @Anthony Dooley what lenders do you like for a duplex refinance out of a hard money loan that is under an LLC?

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I have a community bank that I have a great relationship with, Troy Bank and Trust. I don't think they will fund property in ATL, but they do local stuff for me very easily. I recommend a regional bank that you know. They all follow the same FNMA guidelines so they can sell the paper at some point. Any bank is cheaper money than hard money.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.