30-Yr Commercial Lender - Allowing 100% CLTV Seller Second?

30-Yr Commercial Lender - Allowing 100% CLTV Seller Second?

Marty JohnstonPro Member
Lender · Wauwatosa, WI · Member since 2016 · 571 posts · 203 votes

Hey Gang,

So I've been a mortgage broker for several years in the CRE Lending space, and I have capital partners I work with who offer 100% CLTV funding for bridge loans or short term, I/O financing. However, I am hoping to know if anyone may have a referral for a solid lender who offers long-term financing (25-30 Yr Ams) who allows for a full CLTV seller carry behind their first.

I understand the reasons why that vast majority of lenders do not allow this - trust me, I do. But I run into the scenario often with clients/investors of mine who are seeking to leverage the seller carry in a 2nd position behind a senior loan, but have only ever found this possible through short-term capital. Wondering if anyone has had luck identifying a 25-30yr commercial loan / lender who allows such a structure? I did a search here on BP first but came up short.

Thanks all.

2Reply
104 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Have any of your client's successfully closed on this? 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Jared RineBusiness Member
    Lender · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 277 votes
    2y

    @Marty Johnston...only thing I've seen come close is 10%, which is still super light.  So basically lender can go to 75% long term / 15% carry / 10% from buyer.  Having no skin in the game is just not viable in this market. 

    Jared Rine United Lending Partners53 Reviews
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.