BRRRR Hard money lenders upstate NY

BRRRR Hard money lenders upstate NY

Long Island · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 5 votes

I'm in the process of buying a property to BRRR in upstate NY. The area is close to a resort area but slightly rural. Has anyone come into problems finding a lender in these type of areas? I want to make sure I have a hard money lender in place before I go into contract. I also plan on using the property as a short term rental then refinancing it. Any suggestions on how to go about this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

0Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Matthew CrivelliBusiness Member
    Lender · MA · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    95% of private lenders will not be able to touch it if the appraiser marks rural on the report. Many will still take the deal in and roll the dice but if you do get the rural tag it would kill the deal.  

    Freedom Capital Funding, LLC523 Reviews
  • Long Island · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I guess Rural was definitely the wrong word. It’s in a town and on Main Street just the town is not super populated. It’s also 10 min drive from a major tourist/resort area . 

  • Lender · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 372 votes
    4y

    If I knew the area I could let you know if i have any possible solutions for you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.