• Property Manager
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
$2.5 million in deals done in 3 years

Elenis Camargo
  • Property Manager
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Mar 22 2021, 06:20

Every year I write an update of how the last year of investing went. We started our investing journey from out of state in February 2018 while living in NYC. In year one, I wrote about how we purchased 3 rentals from out of state in one year, and in year two I wrote about how we did a total of $1.3 million in deals in two years. So how did we go from $1.3 million to $2.5 million in just one more year?

There are many ways to make money in real estate. You can invest in your own rentals, become an agent and make a sales commission, become a property manager, manage rehabs, or wholesale properties. We first started by acquiring our own rentals and then self-managing from long distance. Shortly after we realized real estate was our passion we wanted to turn our passion into a full time business. Yes, everyone’s dream lately is to have enough rentals to live off the monthly rental income, but that is a dream that takes a significant amount of time and a generious amount of money to reach. Since we loved real estate so much, why not find other ways to do it full time? I first got my license in the summer of 2019 while I was pregnant with our first baby, and focused on helping other out of state investors achieve their dreams. Previously when I would start a business I focused on how to make it work. This time I focused on helping others. Real estate is such a passion of mine that I spent countless hours replying to messages on BiggerPockets, answering text messages, emails, and hours and hours on phone calls with newbie investors. I didn’t have a goal of selling them a property. Most of the time it was for networking, offering advice and learning about what other people are focusing on in real estate investing. Last year’s article that recapped my year two, I spoke about already helping two investors from out of state and even one from out of the county. That article was featured on the BiggerPockets newsletter as a success story, which led to literally hundreds of messages and many new acquaintances.  Our passion led us to move from NYC to Jacksonville, Florida to build this business full time. 

My husband and I have several goals that we are working hard to achieve this year that will allow us to help even more investors reach their goals! 

Loading replies...