Votes |
BiggerPockets Saved me THOUSANDS!

Bob C.
  • Investor
  • Hopewell Junction, NY
Posted Nov 4 2013, 17:56

HOLY COW!!

Talk about quick and tangible results.

I was bouncing around different threads the other day, learning, devouring, soaking it all in and I ran across a discussion re kitchen cabinets. Here's a topic that has been vexing me. I can't stand spending 6 or 7 thousand dollars for decent cabinets. (a notch or two above crappy builders grade cabinets). I kept hunting for a better solution - I knew there was WAY too much profit margin in those cabinets.

In this thread, someone mentioned Grossman's Bargain Outlet. I had never heard of the store and the prices that were being discussed sounded amazing. I looked up the store and it turns out there is one about 50 minutes away from me. I sent in my kitchen design to them and in a matter of hours I got a quote. for a large kitchen that I'm about to do that was quoted from two other local sources recommended by other investors in the area of $10,000. Bargain outlet was about 6500 (for equal quality)!!! OMG!!

So... BANG!! Bigger pockets just saved me $3500 on this one house - not to mention the thousands that I'll save from all the other houses going forward.

And this is just ONE example!! I have no doubt that this kind of epiphany is going to happen regularly around here.

I just want to say thank you to BP and the community. I hope someday I will be a will to contribute to/help others on this board.

Loading replies...