Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Huy N.
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Proof of Concept - Infinite return!

Huy N.
  • Houston, TX
Posted

Hi BP Family!

Last year I posted about this boring deal that I bought 3 years ago. It is not boring anymore as I just refinanced and took ALL of my money out, plus more! My mortgage increased only about 100$ per month and I just realized that I am sitting on a property that is yielding infinite return! (You don't put anything down and still have cash flow)

When I 1st heard about the concept of infinite return, I thought it was bogus because I thought there is no such thing! When you invest you have to put the money in after all right? But I think real estate is one of the investment vehicle that can let you make money both on cash flow and equity increase, then refinance it out to get the money back and capture equity gain, while still owning the property with great cash flow.

To summarize the deal: I bought this house at $79,000 3 years ago with 20% down 5% interest + fee ($18000). It was renting for 1100$. In 2015, it appraised for $120,000 and I refinance out 25% of it at 4.75%, which is $30000 minus fee. It is still renting for 1200$

I can’t thanks J Scott enough for his book “The book on flipping house”. It saved me from a flip that could went bad. And now it helped me get all my money back on a house. The section where he talked about working with the appraiser is priceless...

I can't image how happier I am if i could do the same thing again in the future but on a larger scale, 300k instead of 30k, 3 Million stead of 300k.....

Thanks @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner and everyone that are providing and building this wonderful community.

Huy

Loading replies...