The Biker Bar is reborn aka my first Indy flip

63 Replies

I'm posting this today because my rehab is complete and that in itself is a success.  I bought the house because a) I could write a check for it and b) it was a real live biker bar and I'm a sucker for a story.  Here are some before and after photos for you, trust me it really is the same house. I will update with numbers when it sells.

Exterior before

Exterior after

"living room" aka bar central before

and after

Kitchen before

Kitchen after

Fingers crossed for a contract!

Updated almost 3 years ago

And we are under contract after our first weekend of listing. Feels good!

Medium team zen logo vMicki M., 33 Zen Lane | [email protected] | http://www.33zenlane.com | CO Agent # 100037721, NM Agent # 19441

1. Neighbors must love you!

great job @Micki M. it looks amazing! Way to see the diamond through the rough! 

Nicole Pettis, Novu Capital Investments | [email protected] | 614.638.8635

Excellent job!!  Congratulations.  Did you hire it done or do it yourself?

@Mike D'Arrigo

It's in Bates Hendricks.

@Micki M.

Your rehab team did a very great job! This property should sell quickly. You've done very well. 

Thanks everyone.

Steve L. thanks for the kudos, wait til you see my next "diamond" hopefully it will be under contract this week.

Medium team zen logo vMicki M., 33 Zen Lane | [email protected] | http://www.33zenlane.com | CO Agent # 100037721, NM Agent # 19441

@Micki M. , I am not a contractor, but I do a lot of my own work.  My calls it therapy.  She might be right.

Congratulations Micki!  That looks amazing!  

Looks good!

This post has been removed.

That's an amazing transformation.  Great work!

Michael Scott, ScottCo Properties, LLC | 412‑759‑4548

Wow!  Beautiful job, @Micki M. !  I'm curious, how did you manage the rehab when you're based in Denver?  Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Very impressive!

Wow! that great job, I hope one day it will be me here in Botswana

LOL @ "Sled Doggs"

Love the open floor plan. Makes the place feel more spacious. Nice work!

So exciting to see these pics - amazing job!

It is amazing how lightening up a home make it inviting. Keep up the good work, I enjoy seeing success.

@Micki M.

Fantastic job.  I was looking forward to seeing the pics of this rehab.  It looks great!  I am sure you'll have no issues with a quick sell on that one.

@Micki M.

HA! I know that house, good to see it got the love it needed!! The Biker story behind it is pretty fun (but only from a distance).

Good work, I did 2 houses with a partner in that neighborhood a while back. Made out okay on the flips!

Wow. Great vision and execution. I'd love to hear how you managed the rehab from afar! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you