Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Pamela Starnes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Culver City, CA
Votes |
Success in Memphis

Pamela Starnes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Culver City, CA
Posted Jul 22 2016, 09:25

This might not be the usual "success" post in this forum category, but to me it belongs here as I can say I had a successful week as the first time evaluating an out-of-state investing market. I am currently investing in small apartments in the Los Angeles area and have looked into Memphis as a possible out-of-state area to consider for part of my future investing as it is known for good cash flow and I also have family there and a basic familiarity with the city. I label my trip a success as I was able to accomplish my goals for the week of: 1. putting into action the steps needed to go out and investigate a new market instead of just sitting back and talking about doing something and not taking action 2. getting a good grasp of the layout, neighborhoods, and demographics of the market 3. meet, interact with, and learn about the business model of many of the active members of REI in Memphis that I have met on BP.

My experience in REI thus far has led me to cross paths with many incredible people at all stages of experience in investing but with common traits of integrity, professionalism, ambition and a tendency to place a high value on life-long learning and being of value to others to help propel them toward their own goals. The individuals I encountered in Memphis lived up to this. So when people like @Alex Craig, @Patrick Bingham, @Douglas Skipworth, @Dan Butler, @Tina Sandoval, @Derrick Craig reach out to you on BP just know that these are quality people with a lot to offer and understand the concept of doing good for themselves by doing good for others. 

(my apologies that some of the names tagged don't appear as such for some reason).

Loading replies...