Buy/Hold #7 is Complete

48 Replies

Originally posted by @Rashad Luckett :
Check it out.......

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sznc5WkhNhsl7YonJcwas5bOAfLfpSG3KbfiPSCtTW0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Purchase: 67k Rehab: 33k Rent: 1125/mth BRRRR: Refi with commercial LOC @ 85%LTV, Appraisal came in at 130k

On to the next one.....

Congratulations.

@Rashad Luckett Nice job and the pictures look great! Thanks for sharing. I'm new to investing and seeing these are very inspirational. 

I just completed my first buy and hold, and it was very minimal in rehab, at only about 5k in work. I'm looking to get my feet wet with something a bit more substantial. 

Can you help me understand your numbers to better evaluate deals?

1,125/mo rent = 

+13,500/yr

-1,125 vacancy

-1,350 repairs/capex (10%)

-7,960 mortgage (110.5k @ 6%)

= 3,335/yr remaining for taxes and insurance, or about 2.5%

Are your taxes and insurance incredibly low in Savannah or did I miss something on my math? Thanks for your help in understanding these types of deals! 

@Peter M. I did some simple items like light switches and outlets. Some consistent areas of cost savings were the flooring and plumbing. The carpet came in at about 1.70/sqft installed from home depot. Plumber is my secret weapon. That repipe should cost 3-5k. He did it for 1200.
@Adam H. Mortgage is off as this is a line of credit not a mortgage. It's interest only and I only pay for whats in use. It's also difficult to calculate because this will be spread across multiple properties because I will use this same money on other deals. My repairs/capex are typically half of what you have because of the extent of the rehab. All of the big ticket items that could need repair are brand new.
Originally posted by @Rashad Luckett :
@Adam H.

Mortgage is off as this is a line of credit not a mortgage. It's interest only and I only pay for whats in use. It's also difficult to calculate because this will be spread across multiple properties because I will use this same money on other deals.

My repairs/capex are typically half of what you have because of the extent of the rehab. All of the big ticket items that could need repair are brand new.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! 

Awesome! I just picked up my 5th,6th, and 7th units for a similar price/rehab amount and can't wait to get it up and running!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you