How To Use BiggerPockets As A TREMENDOUS Lead Generator

28 Replies

I'll reiterate what @Chris Clothier said. There are MANY more users who just visit the site to read or interact off the forums/blogs than there are users who are active.

Those users are missing out . . .

The object of a social network is to be social, and a site like this one brings a tremendous amount of value when you do just that. There's nothing at all wrong with being a casual observer or private networker, but by engaging publicly, people can come to know and trust you, which goes a LONG way towards helping you build your business.

in Chris' case, he is also diligent about advertising -- both in our newsletter and on site. What that does is give his brand constant visibility in the eyes of our users, and coupled with his contributions and the trust he has built as a result of them, he gets leads, and business.

In watching our users over the years, there is one observation that is constant. Our most active users on our forums and blogs are also the users who get the most business from the site -- with one caveat -- these people are also the ones who take the time to give extra of themselves to help others, and to connect. They become colleagues with other users, send private messages and interact privately here, then take it to the next level and connect by email, skype, and in person.

Be SOCIAL, be PERSONABLE, CONNECT, INTERACT, and you'll find the value here. AND, if you want to build a brand or business, advertising on our site and newsletter will advance the cause even more.

Originally posted by @Joel Owens :
I am working with clients off of Bigger Pockets.They found me in search engines from some of the topics where I answered questions.

I just give freely with the expectation of nothing in return.I actually love commercial real estate.

Some simply read posts on this site but never post and contact me privately through messaging.They are not interested in posting but want to invest.Everyone is different in how they want to participate and contact people.

I want clients for life and not sell people a bunch of goods for a quick buck.People that do not love real estate look to take advantage of people but people in it for the long haul realize that's the wrong approach.

You could study real estate your whole life and just scratch the surface of realizing how vast and infinite and ever changing it is.

Great post Joel Owens! If you just genuinely interact with people on this site (giving answers to problems, giving your input on topics, etc.) without the intention of selling or marketing anything, your business and your network will start to grow significantly more. I've seen this staring to happen as I increase my time on this site each day.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here