Votes
Julie Cooper
Pro Member
Votes |
Contractor needed in Mobile

Julie Cooper
Pro Member
Posted Oct 7 2022, 08:21

I am purchasing a small duplex that needs some work. This is a remote location for me. Any trustworthy contractors willing to give advice and take on a small project? 

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Alabama
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Alabama
Replied May 30 2023, 10:02

@Julie Cooper Hey Julie! I just came across your thread. Did you end up finding a contractor and getting your work done?

User Stats

Votes
Julie Cooper
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 1 2023, 06:59

@Dylan Thomas Thanks for checking on me. Yes, I found a contractor! We finished that one and are almost finished with our second one. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have any contacts for lenders for small mortgages? We were lowballed on our appraisal and I’m struggling to find a lender. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Thomas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Alabama
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Alabama
Replied Jun 1 2023, 07:10

@Julie Cooper How small? I just completed a deal with a buyer on a rental for 87,000 with 25% down, so the mortgage was only 65,250

That was with Bay Mortgage in Fairhope

Hill Robinson, 251-928-2240

User Stats

Votes
Gee Williams
  • New to Real Estate
  • Spanish Fort, AL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Spanish Fort, AL
Replied Jun 4 2023, 11:21
Quote from @Julie Cooper:

@Dylan Thomas Thanks for checking on me. Yes, I found a contractor! We finished that one and are almost finished with our second one. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have any contacts for lenders for small mortgages? We were lowballed on our appraisal and I’m struggling to find a lender. 

Hi Julie! My husband and I live in the Mobile area and purchased our first flip here. The contractor we selected has been challenging! He was supposed to be done yesterday and just told us he needs 6 more weeks! We are looking at purchasing another home that needs some work. Sounds like you are having a better experience remotely! Any contractor referrals you can provide is appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Julie Cooper
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 5 2023, 05:05
Quote from @Gee Williams:
Hi Julie! My husband and I live in the Mobile area and purchased our first flip here. The contractor we selected has been challenging! He was supposed to be done yesterday and just told us he needs 6 more weeks! We are looking at purchasing another home that needs some work. Sounds like you are having a better experience remotely! Any contractor referrals you can provide is appreciated!
Gee, 
Congrats on your first flip! I will keep my ear out for other contractors. Ours is already stretched thin. He is doing two for us and is also working on some bigger projects. 

Good luck! Maybe we will cross paths!  

User Stats

Votes
Julie Cooper
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 5 2023, 05:05
Quote from @Dylan Thomas:

@Julie Cooper How small? I just completed a deal with a buyer on a rental for 87,000 with 25% down, so the mortgage was only 65,250

That was with Bay Mortgage in Fairhope

Hill Robinson, 251-928-2240

Thank you! I will check them out. Our loan will be closer to $50k.  

User Stats

Votes
Gee Williams
  • New to Real Estate
  • Spanish Fort, AL
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Spanish Fort, AL
Replied Jun 10 2023, 20:00
Quote from @Julie Cooper:
Quote from @Gee Williams:

Understood. Good luck with your flips!!! Its definitely been a great process for learning. 

Gee, 
Congrats on your first flip! I will keep my ear out for other contractors. Ours is already stretched thin. He is doing two for us and is also working on some bigger projects. 

Good luck! Maybe we will cross paths!  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 14 2023, 17:06

i have something in elba asking 39k