Skip to content
Contractors
Account Closed
  • Neptune, NJ
Votes |
Going to ruffle some feathers. Bad REI's that try to screw legitimate contractors

Account Closed
  • Neptune, NJ
Posted May 4 2014, 04:50

I had a uniques situation that came up about 5 months ago that finally was settled. If not for me being patient (which is not always the easiest thing for me to be), being reputable and haveing loyal associates It could have gotten ugly.

I met a "new" REI (foriegn) at a meeting whom said he had aquired a property through an inheritance and needed some work done so he could flip the home. Kitchen and bath upgrades, flooring and painting. (4wk time frame given but I finished in 3wks that was to provide me a performance bonus) I gave this gentleman a very detailled bid and performed all the work in it's entirety ON BUDGET! with NO overuns (he never disputed or questioned anything I, my crew or other professionals I brought in did!) In fact he was "amazed at the transformation". Well of course upon finishing the work I never received the final payment. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Low and behold I get a call from one of my crew mebers whom said he had been contacted by this guy to do work on another of his projects. Come to find out this guy in my opininion was just a sneaky SOB whom was just trying to find out whom my professionals were and tried to pull them away from me. Fortunately I treat my guys with respect. Any way with the eventual threat of a lawsuit and subversive tacticts from contractor associates we cornered him. He fianlly paid up. All of my friends walked off his jobs (while staying with in their legal rights) through non-payment by him as per contracts for work performed. I guess I see so much contractor bashing here on BP I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

Loading replies...