Apartment Renovation NYC

4 Replies

Looking for a good contractor that has experience doing low cost apartment renovations in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn.  Please send recommendations my way.  Thanks!

Call Joe at Brown Renovations @ 201-893-2419.  He is my old man and does beautiful work for investors and real estate agents.  I know his website is under construction but he wouldn't have a problem sending you photos for proof of quality.  He is also licensed and insured.  

@Elliot Grochal  I don't come into the city but if your ever doing any projects in Northern, NJ give me a call.

From personal experience, ''low cost'' and ''NYC renovations'' can never be part of the same sentence. My 7'x7' kitchen cost me about $12.5K in materials and about $12.5K in labor and that was 10 years ago. I wish you all the luck in the world but labor in NYC is crazy expensive, not the mention the headaches of dealing with co-op board approvals (which hopefully you don't have). I hope you prove me wrong though, for your sake :-)

queens and BK are different animals than NYC

Materials in NYC are much higher priced, we did a small reno for a friend and went to a city lumber yard- it was actually a drive through, and we paid ove $8 per 2x4x8, which is closer to $3 in north NJ

Be prepared to pay a location premium the same way you would have when you bought the pace

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.