Looking for 203K Streamline Contractor in Columbus OH

13 Replies

Does anyone have personal experience with a 203K contractor in Columbus Ohio? We'll need someone on whom we can count to be timely in all requirements so as not to hold up progress.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Lori

Originally posted by @Lori C. :

Does anyone have personal experience with a 203K contractor in Columbus Ohio? We'll need someone on whom we can count to be timely in all requirements so as not to hold up progress.

Lori

I'm sorry, the words "contractor" and "timely" really can't be used in the same sentence. 

I'm kidding, reach out to @Brian Hayes , he is a trustworthy GC and will give you a competitive quote in a timely manner!

I certainly understand that sentiment. ;)

Thanks for the info. 

Originally posted by @John Horner :
Originally posted by @Lori C.:

Lori

I'm sorry, the words "contractor" and "timely" really can't be used in the same sentence. 

I'm kidding, reach out to @Brian Hayes, he is a trustworthy GC and will give you a competitive quote in a timely manner!

Thanks John... Hi Lori! We do a whole lot of things but one thing I have not done yet is actually be the 203k contractor.  Im always willing to learn but I have a suspicion that you are currently experiencing someone like that.  If you call me we can go over your SOW then and I could better direct you.

Thanks for the contact Brian. I'd like to share your info with a buyer that is interested in a home that I own. We have done major reno and it still needs finishing touches. With lenders being so picky these days, I expect the 203K streamline is her best financing bet. I am trying to help by providing her with info on lenders that can do that type of loan and reputable contractors with whom she might contract for the finishing touches. 

@Lori C. @Darrin Wesenberg i'm doing a 30k-60k 203k loan application right now and was wondering if either of you found a great contractor in columbus that went through everything with you? inspection is tomorrow and hoping to find 2 contractors that can bid the job. 

Hi @Lori C. !  I'm just now coming across your post!  My husband and I are also in need of a 203k contractor in the Columbus, OH area.  Were you able to find a reliable contractor?  Hoping to learn from your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

If you are using a lender with decent 203k experience, They should have at least a couple of contractors, since it is the Lender who has to approve your contractor.

@Wayne Brooks Isn't 203k just an insurance requirement issue? 1M/2M on each at Comm GL, Workers Comp, Auto, Excess? Ergo, most commercial/tenant improvement contractors qualify? Why are people trying hard to define 203Ks like they are gold.

Or, better question, why don't they let their own GC buy those insurance which will cost approx 3-5k for their project? And hire someone say 200-300/project to do the AIA billing to the lender? Assuming their GC can carry costs before they bill the lender.

Originally posted by @Jenny Tang :

Hi @Lori C. !  I'm just now coming across your post!  My husband and I are also in need of a 203k contractor in the Columbus, OH area.  Were you able to find a reliable contractor?  Hoping to learn from your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Jenny

Hi Jenny, i'll give you the contact info of a 203k consultant who has a network of at least 10 contractors that do 203k. I'll send you a PM. His name is Doug Foster and he does a great job. 

Manola, can't tag you on the iPhone. Yes, you're right.....any decent contractor with relevant experience and decent insurance would qualify. I was going to do it for My ex but couldn't because of the prior relationship. And to top it off, a streamline 203k pays the gc 50% up front, before starting, and balance upon completion. It doesn't get any better than that! I am typically lucky to see a check in the first 60 days on my jobs (gov't sub work).
The gc simply has to submit a simple 1-2 page app, work history and insurance....no big deal.

@Brian Hayes shoot me a PM to discuss some General Contractor work I am in need of.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here