Rehabbing in Dallas/Fort Worth,Contractors

2 Replies

Hi,BP This is Sha i am currently about to start two flips. one  in Dallas and one in Fort Worth. I have secured financing,secured properties, but cannot secure a reliable contractor who has time to do the flips simultaneously. Does anyone have any referrals to contractors they have used and wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks alot in advance.

Originally posted by @Sha Maximillian :

Hi,BP This is Sha i am currently about to start two flips. one  in Dallas and one in Fort Worth. I have secured financing,secured properties, but cannot secure a reliable contractor who has time to do the flips simultaneously. Does anyone have any referrals to contractors they have used and wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks alot in advance.

Sha, I am a contractor who primarily works in Fort Worth. I have seven crews, and usually devote a couple of them to investor projects. Thing is, there are more projects than capacity right now. I could help you with one project, but couldn't take on two at once. 

A lot of contractors overpromise, and end up splitting time between many projects, only moving each one forward slowly. You may get one of those companies who will tell you, "Oh, sure, we can handle both at the same time", only to find that they're working in Dallas on Monday and Tuesday, then Fort Worth on Wednesday and Thursday. 

As an investor myself, I want my properties turned over quickly. Time is money. But you're going to have a difficult time right now finding a contractor who has capacity to take on two full-house renovations at the same time, with each actually getting full-time work.

Michael Hayworth, Home Front DFW Remodeling | 817‑697‑5021 | http://www.HomeFrontDFW.com

Originally posted by @Michael Hayworth :
Originally posted by @Sha Maximillian:

Sha, I am a contractor who primarily works in Fort Worth. I have seven crews, and usually devote a couple of them to investor projects. Thing is, there are more projects than capacity right now. I could help you with one project, but couldn't take on two at once. 

A lot of contractors overpromise, and end up splitting time between many projects, only moving each one forward slowly. You may get one of those companies who will tell you, "Oh, sure, we can handle both at the same time", only to find that they're working in Dallas on Monday and Tuesday, then Fort Worth on Wednesday and Thursday. 

As an investor myself, I want my properties turned over quickly. Time is money. But you're going to have a difficult time right now finding a contractor who has capacity to take on two full-house renovations at the same time, with each actually getting full-time work.

Wow Micheal. Thanks for your reply. I actually messaged you before I read this. please PM me you contact details. Thanks again.