General Contractor - South Jersey

4 Replies

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a GC in South Jersey?  Specifically Audubon NJ or Collingswood.  I just moved here from Montgomery County, PA and won't be able to bring my GC with me.  I'm looking to do a flip here, one before the year ends.  All the pieces of the puzzle are in place, except for a general contractor.

I'd love to meet up, get lunch or a beer and discuss in detail.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Jim,

Sorry I don't have a contractor for you in South Jersey, I am in Montgomery County PA. Who did you use when you were over here?  Did you like them, would you recommend them?

Thanks - Mike

@Jim Stoffey Welcome to South Jersey. From looking at your profile I'm not sure if you're still looking for an investor friendly agent, but the one I use is very investor friendly and I would definitely recommend. He works with a number of investors in South Jersey so he knows what we're after and the different types of properties you'd need for different strategies. 

Regarding your GC questions though. There's a guy I've used on my personal residence that I'm planning to use on my fix-ups. He's not technically a GC, he runs a small crew and there are certain things he's certainly not an expert in and may or may not know the right people to bring in to do a job. He  isn't always the fastest but very fair pricing, honest and trustworthy. I'm sure my needs will eventually grow beyond what he can do, but for starting off I'm happy with him. If you get into a bind or anything and need someone to get you started before you find the GC you're looking for let me know.

@Michael Badin he actually just got a property under contract that will take him until the end of this year that he is flipping himself.  Sorry I can't be more help.  Montco is tough! I wish you the best of luck.

@James Masotti I would love to get together with the investor friendly agent. If an agent found a deal for me, I would not take my side of the commission. I just want easier access to properties and the MLS. I'll send you a message.

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.