Needed: Home Inspector in Bay Area - Oakland, CA

Needed: Home Inspector in Bay Area - Oakland, CA

Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 55 votes

Hi all, 

Looking for a good home inspector for a duplex in North Oakland.  Ideally the inspection will get done Friday or Saturday.  Does anyone have a good reference (or are you an inspector yourself)?  Thanks!

Brent

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 730 posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi @Brent Tarnow,

    I've used CBI for 2 different 4plexes in Oakland. They are very reasonable in price and were very quick to issue the report. Also, the inspector spent several hours with me going over all of his findings to ensure I knew exactly what needed to get fixed right away and what could wait until I had more reserves

    BP is not letting me post their phone number number, but they are located in Livermore. I think I paid $825 for the 4unit report, so a duplex is probably much cheaper.

  • Investor · SSF, CA · Member since 2015 · 127 posts · 24 votes
    10y
    A buddy who lives in El Cerrito and buys MDUs in Richmond should have some recommendations. Email me if you would like an intro.
  • Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 55 votes
    10y

    Thanks, guys.  I actually went with CBI who answered my request even though it was later in the evening, and is available to get in there this week.  I appreciate the help!

    Brent

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.