Need: Concrete Foundation under existing cabin

5 Replies

My family owns a cabin on Lake Wisconsin near Lodi, WI and it has an old block foundation wall sitting on sand on a hill.  No footing or concrete.  The wall needs to be replaced, and we would like to shore the existing cabin, excavate under it, and pour a new basement.  I'm looking for recommendations for good contractors, both excavating and concrete, in the area that could handle this kind of work.  The cabin footprint is basically 27'x40' on a hill with what will be a walkout lower level. 

I have found a couple house movers / lifters on the internet, but if anyone can recommend one, I'm all ears. 

Thanks!

I used a guy outta elkorn in southern WI to do one of my projects.

here is his website. Great guys, Lifted my house in the matter of a few hours.

http://www.heusserhousemovers.com/

@Chad Nagel can ask how much they charged?  I can PM you if you would rather?

house was 28x28 completely gutted. easy job for them. I figured it would be around 5k. Bill came in $3850, granted that was in 2011

Lassig Brothers in Rhinelander does that, not sure if they will go that far, they would do a block foundation though

Anyone know of any good concrete foundation contractors in the Lodi, Sauk, Columbia, perhaps even Madison, WI or Dane County?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here