Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Suzanne P.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Contractors / project managers / estimators in Indianapolis?

Suzanne P.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted Oct 13 2017, 09:40

My colleague and I are planning to start flip investing in Indianapolis very soon and we are looking for reliable contractors and/or project managers. Also, since we will be buying from wholesalers we would need contractors who would be willing to go into properties and give us a reliable estimate / scope of work quickly so we don't lose out on a good opportunity. I'd appreciate any other suggestions for getting estimates and scopes of work quickly.

There is a local company called Bildwise that offers project management services. They also offer a scope-of-work service but it could take up to 72 hours, which I think may be too long to move on a property quickly. 

I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of whether it is feasible to work directly with a contractor without having a separate third party project manager. These renovations would be out-of-state / out-of-country projects since my partner and I are both located in Toronto. We both have real estate investing experience in the United States and have done remote flips in different locations, but I realize it's always best to have boots on the ground. The key question is whether we could find a good and reliable contractor that we can work with directly.

Thank you in advance for any input on good contractors / fast estimates and construction management issues in Indianapolis.

Loading replies...