Hardy plank or siding job in Houston / Stafford

4 Replies

Hey all

Trying to get an idea of what cost would be to redo a house in Houston/Stafford

This is a 1600 sqft duplex that has tenants in there

I was wanting to redo the entire house as well as insulation (might as well since the exterior is coming out)

I have gotten a ballpark estimate of 10,000 which doesn't include paint...I found that to be a bit high

What are your thoughts?  Is this reasonable?  Paging Houston contractors!

And yes u spelled Hardie wrong Lol

Square square footage of the house is irrelevant. You need to find the square footage of the siding area. I am an authorized installer for a local Big Box store chain, and I can tell you that for an average house, you're looking about $1,300 per square. You can save a considerable amount by not doing the soffit and fascia.

Originally posted by @Andrew Taylor :

Square square footage of the house is irrelevant. You need to find the square footage of the siding area. I am an authorized installer for a local Big Box store chain, and I can tell you that for an average house, you're looking about $1,300 per square. You can save a considerable amount by not doing the soffit and fascia.

Thank you Andrew

So if it's say 3 sides of the house that need it you think 1300 x 3 installed turn key is reasonable?  Or is that just labor 

What's what's the square footage of the siding area? If the house is, say, 40 by 40, with 8-foot exterior walls, then you have almost 13 squares (a square is 100 square feet). That would cost you about $17,000 going through the Big Box store. That includes paint, but not insulation.

You can save some money by going with a Chuck in a truck, but I don't think you can cut it in half.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here