Hardy plank or siding job in Houston / Stafford

4 Replies

Hey all

Trying to get an idea of what cost would be to redo a house in Houston/Stafford

This is a 1600 sqft duplex that has tenants in there

I was wanting to redo the entire house as well as insulation (might as well since the exterior is coming out)

I have gotten a ballpark estimate of 10,000 which doesn't include paint...I found that to be a bit high

What are your thoughts?  Is this reasonable?  Paging Houston contractors!

And yes u spelled Hardie wrong Lol

Square square footage of the house is irrelevant. You need to find the square footage of the siding area. I am an authorized installer for a local Big Box store chain, and I can tell you that for an average house, you're looking about $1,300 per square. You can save a considerable amount by not doing the soffit and fascia.

Originally posted by @Andrew Taylor :

Square square footage of the house is irrelevant. You need to find the square footage of the siding area. I am an authorized installer for a local Big Box store chain, and I can tell you that for an average house, you're looking about $1,300 per square. You can save a considerable amount by not doing the soffit and fascia.

Thank you Andrew

So if it's say 3 sides of the house that need it you think 1300 x 3 installed turn key is reasonable?  Or is that just labor 

What's what's the square footage of the siding area? If the house is, say, 40 by 40, with 8-foot exterior walls, then you have almost 13 squares (a square is 100 square feet). That would cost you about $17,000 going through the Big Box store. That includes paint, but not insulation.

You can save some money by going with a Chuck in a truck, but I don't think you can cut it in half.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.