• Rental Property Investor
  • Waretown, NJ
Votes |
Ocean County, NJ Contractor Recommendation

David Breitweiser
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Waretown, NJ
Posted May 15 2019, 19:24

First time poster, here. I have been on BP for some time quietly reading a lot great info and I have listed to ALL the BP podcasts, some multiple times.

I have done 3 Single Family deals in Ocean County, NJ in the last 12 months- 2 in Waretown, 1 in Bayville. Two out of these Three projects were pretty major renovations. I have also done a handful of deals in Maryland, during the time I lived down there as well.

I feel as if I can pick up the pace and complete 5-6 deals in the NEXT 12 months but I cannot find a good contractor that is reliable, trustworthy, and fairly priced. I have found guys in the $25-30 hour range that are decently skilled, but have a hard time showing up... And I have found reliable guys who throw out rediculous quotes and then try to nickle and dime me after the work is completed to get more money.

I'm capable of doing a lot of the work myself but I work full time, so swinging a hammer after 5pm and on weekends is not a realistic way to add 5-6 homes to my rental portfolio in the next 12-18 months.

Through the last few projects I have found a great plumber, electrician, drywall crew, and a roofing/siding contractor (Happy to provide referrals) but I haven't been able to find the right person(s) to frame walls, install flooring, hang interior doors and trim, do kitchen installs, etc..

I feel like the right contractor is out there... Any advice on who to talk to in order to find them?

Loading replies...