I live in the Westchester area of New York. I am looking for some recommendations when it comes to this project.
1. What should I expect to pay? Internet say large houses can be upwards of $10k my house is 2200 sq ft and needs everything (power wash, sand, minor carpentry, etc)
2. Will I be able to find a painter that can act as a one stop stop or will I need multiple contractors? Ex. I need minor carpentry work (One door frame and 2 pieces on non-load bearing soffit), power washing, sanding, removal of old caulk and application of new caulk.
3. Should I buy my own paint or should I see if the painter has vendors they receive a discount from?
4. Is it unreasonable to ask for a materials and labor breakdown when asking for quotes?
5. How long should I expect the project to take. Online I see about 3-4 days but I don't expect my job to be easy so I think I am expecting 1 week.
The Expected Project:
-Repair of rotted door frame and two pieces of soffit
-Pressure wash of of house
-Prep Work (Paint Chipping, Sanding, Caulking)
-Paint house 2200 sq ft
-Paint 2 car garage (Only the top portion. leaving exposed cinderblocks unpainted.)