BPCON2022 Save the Date

BPCON2022 Save the Date

Alicia MarksPro Member
Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    • The BiggerPockets Conference! It’s happening! And you won’t want to miss out!
    • Here are the highlights:
    • Where: San Diego, CA
    • When: October 2-4, 2022
    • Who: you and 2,000 other investors from across the country!
    • At BPCON2022, you’ll hear from some of the best and brightest in the industry.
    • Join us as we learn about the many areas of real estate investing, take a deep dive into the ever-changing economy, get inspired by real estate success stories, and acquire skills to help you achieve financial freedom.
    • Registration opens May 10. Mark your calendars!
    • You can see the conference overview, speaker line, hotel details and more
    52Reply
    251 views

    Most Popular Reply

    Member since 2022 · 24 posts · 29 votes
    4y

    can we use as a tax write off? I'm new to this so pardon me if its a dumb question. 

    See this reply in the discussion

    81 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 507 posts · 171 votes
      4y

      In my city! Yay! Will have to look into attending or meeting up with all of the awesome investors that will be in town!

    • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
      Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 716 posts · 555 votes
      4y

      Interested

      Home Buyer Louisiana4.853 Reviews
    • Kenyatta DonleyPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 37 votes
      4y

      Someone how I got my dates wrong and though registration was opening on 5/1. I was super disappointed to realize that it actually 5/10! LOL

    • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 425 posts · 438 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Kenyatta Donley:

      Someone how I got my dates wrong and though registration was opening on 5/1. I was super disappointed to realize that it actually 5/10! LOL


       I'm so sorry for the confusion!  We had a slight delay and changed it to 5/10. Apologies for the delay but we'll be ready to roll on 5/10! 🎉 

      BiggerPockets
    • Rental Property Investor · Grande Prairie · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 4 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Joe Splitrock:
      Quote from @Robb Silverstein:

      can we use as a tax write off? I'm new to this so pardon me if its a dumb question. 


       Only if you have business income to write the expense off against. For example if you are a realtor, own rental property or flip houses, etc. If you are still in the education phase and have no income, then there is nothing to write the expense off against or valid business expense.

      It May be Different in the US but in Canada I believe if you are actively looking for investment properties that you will be putting in a sole proprietorship and you can prove this (via offers sent out or realtor bookings) you can write this off against your personal income if you have a W2 job. If you never buy a property and get audited your auditor may see it a different way but hard to dispute if you do purchase a property in the near future that's how it was explained to me but please take this with a grain of salt as I am no Accountant.  


    • Kenyatta DonleyPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 37 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
      Quote from @Kenyatta Donley:

      Someone how I got my dates wrong and though registration was opening on 5/1. I was super disappointed to realize that it actually 5/10! LOL


       I'm so sorry for the confusion!  We had a slight delay and changed it to 5/10. Apologies for the delay but we'll be ready to roll on 5/10! 🎉 

      No worries. This is my first one…I’m in the middle of my first project and I’m just excited! 😂
    • Kenyatta DonleyPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 37 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Alexandra Hughes Pailet:
      Quote from @Kenyatta Donley:

      Someone how I got my dates wrong and though registration was opening on 5/1. I was super disappointed to realize that it actually 5/10! LOL


       I'm so sorry for the confusion!  We had a slight delay and changed it to 5/10. Apologies for the delay but we'll be ready to roll on 5/10! 🎉 

      Guess who is about to go registered?? This guy!
    • Lawrence BriggsPro Member
      Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 366 posts · 377 votes
      4y

      Howdy BP Family! I am registered for BPCON2022! I'll be traveling from Central Texas (near Austin). Looking forward to meeting and networking with all of you! 

    • Wale LawalBusiness Member
      Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      4y

      Sounds interesting!

    • Dan H.Pro Member
      Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
      4y

      just completed registering the wife and me. We also signed up for the STR workshop (extra $300) which was signing up fast. In the time between my sign up and the wife's signup (which was immediately after I signed up) the openings rent from 36 to 31.

      This will be our first RE conference of any kind.  We have been investing in RE for many years, but never attended an RE conference.

      Looking forward to the various sessions and meeting many investors.

    • Kenyatta DonleyPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 37 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Dan H.:

      just completed registering the wife and me. We also signed up for the STR workshop (extra $300) which was signing up fast. In the time between my sign up and the wife's signup (which was immediately after I signed up) the openings rent from 36 to 31.

      This will be our first RE conference of any kind.  We have been investing in RE for many years, but never attended an RE conference.

      Looking forward to the various sessions and meeting many investors.

      Your message just made me go back and change my registration and add this session. I had initially skipped for a number of reasons but figured what the hell. I might as well get all that i can out of the experience. 
    • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
      4y

      Is it best to go to this one if your portfolio is in midwest? Iowa specifically. Or do they do these regularly? Thanks in advance!!

    • Ronald RohdePro Member
      Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      4y
      Quote from @Rylan Freidhof:

      Is it best to go to this one if your portfolio is in midwest? Iowa specifically. Or do they do these regularly? Thanks in advance!!


       Its national in scope, many people from the midwest will be there!

    • FL (palm beach county) · Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 2 votes
      4y

      Hi, are you able to help?

      Do you have a discount code?

      Any help is much appreciated.

    • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 15 posts · 23 votes
      4y

      Been looking forward to this since the start of the year. Excited to meet like minded people!! 

    • Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield, NJ · Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 16 votes
      4y

      Can't wait! see you all there. 

    • Kenyatta DonleyPro Member
      Real Estate Agent · PA · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 37 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Account Closed:

      Been looking forward to this since the start of the year. Excited to meet like minded people!! 

      Same here! I think since I joined and didn’t get to go last year. Part of me wants to start packing! 😂
    • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2020 · 97 posts · 109 votes
      4y

      Are there still opportunities to sponsor this event? @Alicia Marks

    • 🎉 Director of Events at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 425 posts · 438 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Celia Moore:

      Are there still opportunities to sponsor this event? @Alicia Marks


       Hey Celia! I just saw your email come through. We are fully booked with sponsors and exhibitors, and speaking spots are filled as well. Our sponsorship team can put you on the outreach list for BPCON2023! 

      BiggerPockets
    • Real Estate Agent · The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts · Member since 2022 · 217 posts · 126 votes
      4y

      Yes! At least two of us from Emerald Coast FL Short Term Shop will be there! I look forward to networking with everyone!

    • Rental Property Investor · Las Cruces, NM · Member since 2021 · 21 posts · 15 votes
      4y

      Is anyone looking for a roomie?!

    • Jason JamesPro Member
      Rental Property Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 64 votes
      4y
      Quote from @Nathan McIntire:

      Looking forward to learning new information and building new relationships at this event!!!


      Nathan, I see you in MI, I invest in MI.  I would love to connect with you at BPCon  and talk shop. 

    • Jim MillerPro Member
      Investor · Lebanon Pa · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 15 votes
      4y

      @Alicia Marks I have two tickets available, due to the hurricane in FL. I assume there is no cancelation policy for such things?  Thanks

    • Jim MillerPro Member
      Investor · Lebanon Pa · Member since 2013 · 34 posts · 15 votes
      4y

      The tickets have been sold. Thank you

    • Alicia MarksPro Member
      OP
      Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      4y

      I figured you'd find someone quickly!

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.