Which PodCast's to start listening to for a "newbie" ??

6 Replies

For someone that is new to BiggerPockets, and the Real Estate business in general ... WHICH Podcasts would you suggest I listen to NOW?...there are way to many to choose from

Jill - I'd recommend starting by reading our Ultimate Beginner's Guide at http://www.biggerpockets.com/ubg -- there are some links in there to different podcast episodes as well, but it hasn't been updated lately, so the new shows won't be reflected.

Frankly, I think you would derive value from every single show, but I'll let someone else leave their opinion on what's best for new investors.....

Hi Jill,

Thank you for asking this question.

There are beginners guides on here for free at Bigger Pockets to help get you started.

The podcasts run across many subjects. I am on a few of them for commercial real estate and multifamily.

Money to start is a big factor. If you have say 400,000 to invest you can look at commercial. Conversely if you have 40,000 to invest it isn't enough to start in that arena. If you want to be more passive with your investment will make a difference. If you are doing retirement and estate planning with your investments etc.

There are a lot of variables but.

1. Willing to partner?

2. Cash money now to invest

3. Passive or active??

4. Annual return cash on cash before taxes desired for money invested??

This should help you get started looking at some avenues to research further. Hope it helps.

Thank you Joshua for such a QUICK RESPONSE!.. I will start there :)

@JILL DUSKIN   do you have an idea about what real estate niche you are interested in...flipping, single family rentals, etc.?   I am a newbie too, and I have listened to a ton of podcasts in a relatively short period of time.  I could possibly make some suggestions based on your interest.

@JILL DUSKIN  I really liked podcast 20 and podcast 40 for a firehose of information.  As far as regular interviews, I took a LOT of notes on show 64 if you want a suggestion for a "regular" show.

Basically what I did is I went through the titles of all the podcasts, and then bookmarked the ones that looked most interesting/most pertained to me.  So I skipped some of the flipping, wholesaling, and commercial real estate ones, and zeroed in on the buy and hold ones.  I can honestly say that I have learned from every single podcast, as I want to fill in the gaps of general knowledge of real estate investing, I'm sure I'll go back and listen to a few of the others as well.

@JILL DUSKIN I started at the beginning and have listened to about 35 of them in 2 weeks.  They all contain valuable information.  I'd recommend starting at the begging and working through.  It will give you great general knowledge to help you decide what to focus on.  Later you can go back for the actionable specifics in your area of interest.  The show notes are also a great resource for the nuggets.

Best,

Trevor & Leila

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here