podcast not downloading on smartphone

11 Replies

a couple months back I could download the podcast on my phone (galaxy s5....POS!!), now it wont let the podcast, it just comes up as a player. 

Any suggestions?

Aaron T., Elite Developers of Tampa Bay

Only thing I could think of is that you may have accidently set it to open with the player by default. If you did then you would have to clear that player as the default application. I have the S4 and I downloaded one today. When I click on the podcast link it gives me the option to download it or open it in the music player. Here is how to clear your defaults...

Hey @Aaron T.  I've heard this a couple times now and can't figure out why it's doing this. All the cases have been on an Android, so I'm thinking maybe android changed something? Maybe try downloading the Stitcher app on your phone and listening with that?  I'll keep digging in on our side also to see if I can find out what's going on. 

Thanks!

Medium fbprofileBrandon Turner, BiggerPockets | http://www.BiggerPockets.com | Podcast Guest on Show #92

I think I am able to download them through the Podcast addict APP as a work around. 

The Podcast Addict APP worked for me. I am now able to download the podcasts without it cutting into my data plan again. Listening to the podcast is much better than listening to the radio to and from work daily.

Hey, I am having same problem! I use to could download podcasts to my Android phone, now I cant. The podcast automatically starts when I click download. I downloaded the Soundcloud app but I am guessing since it streams audio its using data, and I dont want that, I want to save to listen on the road with no data usage. Any suggestions? 

Originally posted by @Schelley Stamps :

Hey, I am having same problem! I use to could download podcasts to my Android phone, now I cant. The podcast automatically starts when I click download. I downloaded the Soundcloud app but I am guessing since it streams audio its using data, and I dont want that, I want to save to listen on the road with no data usage. Any suggestions? 

I am using the podcast addict app successfully. very easy to use and free. on my S5, did i mention i hate my S5. lol

Hey, I downloaded that App and it loaded all the podcasts but did it download them or will it be streamed as I listen? I feel exactly like you, I dont listen to the radio and just want to listen to BP and I like Kathy Fettke "Real Wealth Network" podcasts as well. Did the app download the podcasts for you, or is there something else I need to do? Thanks Aaron!

Originally posted by @Schelley Stamps :

Hey, I downloaded that App and it loaded all the podcasts but did it download them or will it be streamed as I listen? I feel exactly like you, I dont listen to the radio and just want to listen to BP and I like Kathy Fettke "Real Wealth Network" podcasts as well. Did the app download the podcasts for you, or is there something else I need to do? Thanks Aaron!

I download them at home and they play right from the phone without using data. It will show all the episodes under the "all" category, then click into the specific episode and download the episode. It will have a downward facing arrow. Then you can find it under downloaded  episodes. 

Hope that helps.

YAAAAY! I got it to work, thanks Aaron!   :)

awesome. your day will start out great tomorrow!!! 

Cheers

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you