Forum usage assistance please.

5 Replies

Hi everyone.

I have a few questions:

How to I mention someone in a post directly? I was mentioned in my posts and I would like to extend the same courtesy however I am not familiar with the process here.

Lastly what are the votes about and what happens when you get them?

I apologize for my ignorance especially if they are obvious answers to these questions.

Thank you in advance.

Start by reading the sticky topics at the top of the forum section where this thread is posted ...

Thank you @Steve Babiak. I found it.

@Andrew Emery  - you still did not get the mention thing with the @ to work correctly.  When you type the @, you then type the first three characters of the user you wish to tag (or a ? character to get all the possible users), then you will get a list of users from which you must make a selection; typing the name in full does not activate the mention so the user does not get the alert unless you make a selection as described here.

@Steve Babiak  after you told me about the stickies I went to go search it out but the search feature was not functioning correctly. Last night, however, I looked again and I found out about the @? within the post and how to use it.

I am very impressed by BP and the caliber of individuals that I have come across in my short tie here and the willingness of every one to help out. I am going to follow this lead and if I have an answer to someones question I will get the info out there as: Knowledge is power.

Thanks again sir. I look forward to a continued education here.

The stickies are set up so you don't have to search for them; they always remain at the top of their respective forum.  So, @Andrew Emery  , when you (or anybody else) have some question about how the BP site works, you just go to the top of the site questions forum and there you will find the stickies to read. Likewise for any other BP forum. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.