Webpage problem

10 Replies

Why is it every time I click on something to read, when the page loads it zooms in and I have to zoom it back out?  Some pages even after pinching back out I have to scroll to the right in order to see everything.  It only happens to me here.  

HAHA!!! Forgot to finish subject.  Oh well...

Hey @Bryan N.  - It sounds like you're opening the site on a phone.  We're making the site mobile friendly and it is a work in progress. We hope to have these issues completely resolved and have the site working on mobile devices as intended within the coming weeks.  It is a priority and part of our team is dedicated to this mission.

Hey @Sean T.  - Are you using a modern browser (anything from the last year or two?)  While we support older browsers (not all), you're going to get the best user experience from a current version of any of the major browsers.

Are you using a mac? It sometimes happened to me. Trying "Squeezing in" or "Squeezing out" on the trackpad. I think that will solve your problem.

@Joshua Dorkin   @Dan K.  

Josh, I am on newest windows and firefox, same issue.  Does not happen everytime but always when I use search function and occasionally if sending mail.

Dan, not a mac.

I'm using an iPad Air 

The site is practically unusable for me on an iPad Air.  Also, I only get notifications of votes and mentions.  Replies to posts I authored I don't get emails anymore.  The site is so hard to use its almost pointless to try anymore.  It's probably and Apple IOS update pick a number, but it's become annoying and not worth the hassle.  

Haven't been on BP on the lap top today......but the IPad, sometime since this morning my header/tool bar changed, now has the little horizontal bars, to the left of BP.  After I read a post, I have to click three things to get back to "posts"?  (Click the bars symbol, click Forum , then recent posts).  Seems cumbersome.

Also, on the IPad as I scroll down thru recent posts, additional post don't show up quickly, as they used.  Instead of getting the little "working spinning circle", I have to scroll down thru a lot of "blank page-the adds on the right show up, but no posts".  Then after scrolling further down, the posts load, but I have to scroll back up a couple pages worth, to get back where I left off.

Hey guys - We are hoping to have the issues rectified ASAP.  I know that the site has been wonky the past few days on different devices.  We're definitely on it.

Apologies for the troubles.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.