Messaging Limits

10 Replies

@Lisa Arlt Escoto  maybe Account Closed  can help you with the issue. I notice when I click your name and go to your profile, there's not the usual link to click on to message you either. Hope this helps. 

>> NOTE these were split off from my post in the Investor Deal Diaries as it was beginning to take over the thread. Thought making a new thread specifically for Messaging would make sense. 

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

Happy to help!

We at Bigger Pockets have changed the way messaging works for Pro users. You must now "Connect" with users before you can message them. We are doing this to limit the spam that people are receiving in their message folders. We hope this helps our members have a better experience on our site.

With this new upgrade as well, you will only be able to send 10 Non-Colleague messages a month, so please keep this in mind. 

Please message or email me if you have any further questions.

Have a good day!

Best,

Hilary

Medium fbprofileHilary Catton, BiggerPockets | [email protected]

@Karen Margrave  Q-@Hilary Catton   Hilary I tried to connect with you and got this error message "Could not send colleague request: Conversation base You can not create more then 10 non-colleague conversations per month"  I appreciate your help in resolving this.  thanks. Lisa

Lisa,

Yes, this is our new policy. If you got this message, it means you have already sent out your 10 non-colleague messages. Just make sure, from this point forward, you connect with someone first. This will allow you to be able to message more than 10 people.

Best,

Hilary

Q-@Hilary Catton  

I am connected to Karen yet I still got the 10 message warning and I could not send her a PM from BP  whats up with that?

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Originally posted by Q-@Hilary Catton :

Happy to help!

We at Bigger Pockets have changed the way messaging works for Pro users. You must now "Connect" with users before you can message them. We are doing this to limit the spam that people are receiving in their message folders. We hope this helps our members have a better experience on our site.

With this new upgrade as well, you will only be able to send 10 Non-Colleague messages a month, so please keep this in mind. 

Please message or email me if you have any further questions.

Have a good day!

Best,

Hilary

Hmm... well that explains it. So in order to message someone you have to have then accept a "colleague request". Sounds like quite a commitment just to send a message. What exactly is a colleague request. I just don't want to lead anyone on if I just plan to send a messagel/question lol. 

Hi @Benjamin Cowles -

I'm sorry you find this feature to be a nuisance,  but we do this in order to make sure people aren't able to send spam or advertisements promoting themselves to other members without a connection. We intend for all our members to connect with people that they would want to have relationships with, not just random messages to our users.

Please let me know if you have you any additional questions :) Enjoy the site!   

Originally posted by Q-@Hilary Catton -

I'm sorry you find this feature to be a nuisance,  but we do this in order to make sure people aren't able to send spam or advertisements promoting themselves to other members without a connection. We intend for all our members to connect with people that they would want to have relationships with, not just random messages to our users.

Please let me know if you have you any additional questions :) Enjoy the site!   

I got ya. And no, I'm not talking about random messages. I definitely have a purpose in mind, I just wanted to ask someone about a file they uploaded for example, but that's it. And the colleague request just makes it sound like I want more out of the relationship. It'd be like 'hey you want to be my girlfriend?', 'Um *blush* okay-ee', then 'no I just wanted to go make out.. but I just couldn't tell you up front my true intentions. BP wouldn't let me :('. Lol, no biggie. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you