Do you know how to edit/make changes to an existing post?

4 Replies

@Derek Gendig  

I have been wondering this as well. I am not that sure you can. 

I do know that if you initiated the forum, you can edit the title by clicking the "edit" button right under the title. This only lasts for a short time after posting. 

Originally posted by @Amie Lamb :

@Derek Gendig  

I have been wondering this as well. I am not that sure you can. 

I do know that if you initiated the forum, you can edit the title by clicking the "edit" button right under the title. This only lasts for a short time after posting. 

The "Edit" button also should appear right next to the "Vote" button an any of your posts - for about 15-30 minutes. After that, there should still appear an "Update" button which allows you to ADD a post-script to your post (even months later). Cheers...

Updated over 2 years ago

"Update". This is what you should be able to do on any of your posts. The "Update" option replaces the "Edit" option after fifteen minutes. There have been glitches before, but my computer has enabled this "Update"...

@Derek Gendig , I just noticed that the "Vote" button DID disappear from all posts, so was wondering if there was a glitch, but then I realized that I was not logged in under my Biggerpockets Name. Normally you don't need to log in every time you access it from an email link, but will need to after you do software upgrades on your computer which change your settings. So, I logged back in, and voila! The "Vote" and "Edit"/"Update" buttons re-appeared. Cheers...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.