Networking / Profile help

5 Replies

When I originally set up my account I lived in Oklahoma. Now I live in Virginia. I have changed my Profile to reflect my current zip code but all the people near me that are popping up are from my previous zip code. I have tried to look for colleagues where I am at and it says I can not search people outside of 5 miles from my zip code without going pro but I am using my current zip code. Anyone know how to properly get my location changed so I can network locally?

Thank you!

Hi Ginger 

Welcome to Virginia what part of Virginia are you in? If you are in the Richmond area and would like to catch a cup of coffee sometime let me know.

I am an investor/agent if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Troy Kannegieter 979-204-7428 

@Troy Kannegieter undefined

Thank you!

We are in Leesburg, VA. We have been looking in markets within a 2 hour drive since prices are so inflated here due to D.C. so I have not ruled out looking in Richmond. That being said I have not done much research on the area yet. My goal is acquiring rentals to buy and hold, I would love to hear any opinions on areas to focus.

Hi and welcome. 

I live in DC. I would suggest considering Baltimore as well. And are you having trouble on the site? Did you try changing your profile information, it shows as Leesburg, VA.

Thanks @Georggetta Howie ! Yes, I have changed my profile information to Leesburg but the site keeps suggesting friends "near me" which are all from Lawton, OK where we lived previously. I am not sure where else I need to change information to get it straight. I think I finally found the Help section so hopefully I can get answers.

I hope it works. Maybe try changing the settings, save, log out and back in. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here