• New to Real Estate
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
Worldwide Who's Who

Account Closed
  • New to Real Estate
  • Fayetteville, NC
Posted Dec 23 2015, 21:26
I wanted to share this one because it's a hoot. So, it was an ad I asked for more info about here through Bigger Pockets. The ad promoted the World Wide Who's Who Branding scheme. When the lady called me today for my interview, I entertained the conversation but also told her I felt it was an information-gathering scheme. I let her talk and after a little generic conversation she was happy to tell me she would approve my application for the program since she could clearly tell I'm successful and going places. All I had to do was simply choose between the Platinum $900+ Lifetime package or the Gold $700+ 5-year package. I told her I would rather speak with someone already in the program and see how they felt about it; if they were happy they shelled out a grand to be in the Who's Who catalog. Naturally, she would not provide that, nor entertain the idea of having any of them contact me. When I continued to say no, she then brought up the $199 One-Year membership that they normally only offer for Non-Profits; she would extend it to me because she felt I am successful. I told her that I know of lots of scams like this and I would like to consult with my lawyer. She said she was not sure how my lawyer could help me if he was not a member; that she was the best resource I would need, that the program includes 600,000 high-profile people from 50+ countries including doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc... To which I replied that my lawyer is a high-profile stud on the New York Bar and if he was not in the program, then perhaps he has friends who are. Anyone else enjoy a similar experience with these "Who's Who" folks? Needless to say, until someone from the catalog comes and tells me it was the greatest decision ever and they can't imagine life without it, I will be keeping my money.

Loading replies...