Newbie looking for knowledge and tips on my first investment

1 Reply

I'm new to BP, but I've been listening for awhile and have read a few books from the forums, I'm excited to make my first deal. But I'm not sure where to start, I'd like to invest in a rental property. But I'm unsure if thats the best thing to do starting out, any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I've also not having much lot finding a lender that can work with me, any suggestions? Thanks

Originally posted by @David Smith :

I'm new to BP, but I've been listening for awhile and have read a few books from the forums, I'm excited to make my first deal. But I'm not sure where to start, I'd like to invest in a rental property. But I'm unsure if thats the best thing to do starting out, any tips or suggestions are appreciated. I've also not having much lot finding a lender that can work with me, any suggestions? Thanks

Start with defining your goals. Once you decide on that, the answer to these questions will be come clearer - you'll get a wide variety of responses on here, but ultimately it is what aligns with your investing goals. Spend some time figuring out what those are and don't stress if those goals change frequently in the beginning - mine did. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.