Introducing: Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene

Introducing: Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Introducing  Long Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Properties by David Greene.

Is your local market keeping you from investing? Are you leery of investing in a property where you can't just drive by it any time you like?

David Greene helps you lay your fears to rest and shows you exactly how to invest "outside your backyard."

  • How to find the right people to help you find the right properties
  • How to seek out top-notch lenders
  • Tips for offering value to people hundreds of miles away
  • The “Core 4” team members you’ll need when investing in real estate out-of-state

PLUS Special Bonuses!!!

If you order before 12/24/17, you'll receive:

  • EBook: "The Frightening Four!"
  • Video: Building Your Rockstar "Core Four" Team
  • Video:  Your First Out-of-State Investment Property
  • EXTRA LAUNCH BONUS: Exclusive Live Webinar with David Greene!

Don't let your location dictate your real estate investment strategy! 

Order your copy of Long Distance Real Estate Investing here .

17Reply
475 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 875 posts · 394 votes
8y

The paperback book is available on Amazon for $17. How come BP is selling for for $24.99? And the Kindle is only $10 on Amazon. Any difference between these?

See this reply in the discussion

141 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wauwatosa, WI · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Amazing!! I have been looking for a good source of information on this topic for awhile!

  • Investor · Hayward, CA · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 72 votes
    8y
    Currently doing just that from California to Florida. I’m going to buy this and see if I can make my operation even better!
  • Specialist · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2011 · 875 posts · 394 votes
    8y

    The paperback book is available on Amazon for $17. How come BP is selling for for $24.99? And the Kindle is only $10 on Amazon. Any difference between these?

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Can't wait to get the bonus content on this one!

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 125 posts · 82 votes
    8y

    I own in 5 markets with 5 different property managers. My advice would be to stay local my friends.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 263 posts · 186 votes
    8y

    Potentially a helpful resource @nizarbasma

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
    8y
    Derek P. So you regret investing out of state ?
  • Investor · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2012 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    I think if you are willing to travel 2-4 times a year to check up on these places and your team you will be in good shape.  Too many people entrust their money to someone else and it is out of sight out of mind until something goes wrong and then its too late.  I think investing out of market is ok, just stay close.  Can you get there within a few hours by car or by airplane?

  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 459 posts · 642 votes
    8y

    @Phil Harris , if you read David's book you'll find out all the reasons why you don't need to be within a few hours of your properties! He's built an entire business with fool-proof systems in place. If you get the book you'll get access to a webinar where he'll walk you through his process of buying out-of-state and even across the country

  • Katie MillerPro Member
    General Manager, Publishing at BiggerPockets · Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 459 posts · 642 votes
    8y

    @Aristotle Kumpis Yes! First: Amazon and Kindle orders don't get you the bonus content! You only receive access to two extra videos (over an hour of content) and a special e-book David wrote specifically for our members called "The Frightening Four!" Then: If you buy in the next 10 days you'll get invited to a webinar with David where he'll walk you through his most recent deal and you will be able to ask him questions live! Amazon and Kindle can't promise you that :) 

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 13 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Derek Petersen:

    I own in 5 markets with 5 different property managers. My advice would be to stay local my friends.

    Oh i hear you, i currently own in 2 different coasts.  

  • Reston, VA · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    Me and my partner are looking at properties spanning multiple states. This will be perfect. Probably pick this up next week.

  • Investor · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Perfect timing - I'm looking to implement an out-of-state strategy soon.

  • Property Manager · Lake Forest, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y

    Talk about perfect timing. I am getting ready to invest out of state. 

  • Sunland, CA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    Thank you! Just what I was looking for:)

  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Derek Petersen:

    I own in 5 markets with 5 different property managers. My advice would be to stay local my friends.

     You don't follow your own advice?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Katie Miller, where do I send the receipt of payment for the bonus content?

    Thanks!

  • Lawrence L.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 144 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    My goal is to invest out of state in 2018. I have been looking forward for the release of the book. I pre ordered the book can't wait to get the extras can't wait for the webinar oh yeah!!!! Yesterday I bought the Kindle version, CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE BOOK!!!!!

  • Lawrence L.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Bronx, NY · Member since 2008 · 144 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    @Andy R. send it to  Publishing @ Biggerpockets.com

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Lawrence L.!

  • Over the Rainbow · Member since 2016 · 65 posts · 35 votes
    8y

    Literally have been looking at investing in a home for the past week while I'm oversea's and came across this. Almost perfect timing.

    Same thing with Set For Life --

    Are you guys mind reading me?!

    Grabbed it today!

  • Investor · Suwanee, GA · Member since 2015 · 114 posts · 24 votes
    8y
    Mixed reactions from investors on out of state investing. Is that because some investors do not have a proper system and process in place ?. I am an Atlanta base investor looking to invest in multifamily in Chattanooga which is 2 hours from home. Thoughts ??
  • Rental Property Investor · Little Rock, AR · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    I currently live in California, and I have 3 single family homes in Arkansas that I bought when I still lived there but held onto when I moved. I've been looking to expand in the Arkansas market from here and this book would be a great help for strategies!

  • Investor · Nogent sur marne, Val de marne · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Is the book useful for non US investors?

  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 303 posts · 327 votes
    8y
    @Moncy Samuel, you probably know that there is not much 100% agreement on anything on this site. My thoughts: Disclosure: I have not read/ordered the book. I’ve only listened to the latest podcast with David Greene, but not even to the end yet. Based on the above, however, I can already conclude (for myself) that David has a good system that he follows. It is clearly - albeit allegedly, as I have not seen any proof of David’s success personally - is working for him. And I think that a system like that should work, because, in a nutshell, a system where “you are helping yourself by helping me,” combined with “checks and balances” between supposedly unrelated parties, is simply perfect. I just wouldn’t bet that it will always work, as people’s interests and loyalties sometimes change. Perhaps David also addresses this in the book. It appears to me that David has a leg up on many investors, especially new ones. For one, David has likely dealt with enough liars to see them coming from a mile away. For another - perhaps a more important - point, David appears to represent “future business” to all involved parties whom he needs to protect his interests far away. The problem I see for a beginner here is that you’ll need to first “talk the walk.” David clearly (from the podcast, and typically for a cop) has the gift of gab. I do not know how he started in REI before he could “walk” the “future business” line. Perhaps that history is also in his book. Perhaps you should also read Trump - whom I also have not read - for wisdom on this issue. I am an OOS investor, having also started in the SF Bay Area. I believe that OOS investing can be done successfully (I do not believe that the oversight can be as good as in your own “backyard,” though. Again, I have not read the book.) If I did not already have a full plate - and liked reading - I would certainly be ordering the book now. I think there is enough wisdom for many of us to justify the cost through either Amazon (thank you, @Aristotle Kumpis,) or via BP for the bonus content - if you need that content. @Moncy Samuel, I’d love to have all my properties within two hours driving. And if you have good people in place on top of that, you are in great shape. @Jean Paul, my guess is that the book should be useful for you for the “systems” aspect. I don’t know whether David covers any legal/tax aspects for foreign investors in the US.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.