Newbie in Chicago looking for advice

2 Replies

Thanks for reading! I currently own 1 rental house in the burbs that I used to live in with my wife and kids before moving to the city 4 years ago. My business partner and I own a successful executive search firm here in Chicago and are looking to invest in multi-family in the next 3-6 months. I have been listening to a ton of podcasts, talked to a realtor who I know that set up a search on the MLS. Also, my Dad is an attorney and does real estate/asset protection so I can get free legal advice. Would appreciate any advice on the best way to get started. We are interested in a hold strategy. Thanks, Brian

@Brian Haugh sounds like you’ve got all your ducks in a row man!!!

The search will show you new things that hit the market but make sure to stay on top of your realtor too. They are privy to their local intranet, which they can share upcoming listings with their fellow brokers of a company. There are also paid sites, which do the same with brokers sharing intel throughout the industry.

Finding something offline is always better than waiting until the general public sees them. Ask your broker to keep an eye out for sure. Good luck!!!

Thanks Ted, I appreciate it!  Please let me know if any other ideas come up, perhaps our paths will cross in the near future.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here