Locating Property Owners

1 Reply

Been trying to get into wholesaling properties for a few months now to start making money to get a rental. However, It is hard locating a phone number to a property owner. Also I always find myself stuck when I find out the owner is deceased. What do I do from there.

Its growing increasingly hard to do this without any money. I want to give up, but I also know that real estate is a great way to to gain passive income. 

if the owner is deceased and you have the numbers to prove that its a sure win, then look to probate. locate via recommendation a probate atty and treat them to lunch or coffee and scone(since $$ is tight).  of course probate houses can be timely if they are tied up in court.  however, if the owner had no relatives and they are now deceased without a will, then the state gets the property. that's the PA way. 

if you're looking for a rental depending on what area isn't as costly as a fix and flip. do you intend to be an owner-occupant? if so those don't require a lot down since there are government programs to offer financial assistance. research BRRRR as an option. knock on the neighbors doors and kindly inquire about the owner. there are other ways to locate absentee owners but they cost $$ so I won't bring them up.

kudos,

Mary 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.