BP Podcast: 12+ Deals/Month & How to Lose $750k) w Sam Craven

14 Replies

Real estate investors love to talk about their successes, but most refuse to talk about their failed deals. On today’s show, we hit both of those points hard when we sit down with Sam Craven to talk about how his wholesaling business generates hundreds of thousands of dollars each month in revenue — and the mistakes that led to him losing over $750,000 from his rehabbing business. You’ll also discover the exact strategies Sam is using to fill his deal pipeline, plus advice for those of you who are just starting on your real estate journeys.

Listen here or on your favorite podcast player.

Mindy Jensen, Real Estate Agent in CO (#FA100049656)

Beautiful episode, very inspiring.

I really like this podcast, a different kind of way to wholesale, not really a usual who lies to the sellers and pretend to be end-buyers just to get a deal but ruins a potential relationship if they can't find an end-buyer. I like their strategy of just being honest and giving them the confidence that they'll find them an end-buyer. Awesome podcast this week!

@Mindy Jensen I can’t help but notice Josh’s absence and how he talked about his daughter having something serious come up a few episodes back. I hope everything is working out with him and his family!

@Sam Craven I really enjoyed the podcast! It is interesting to see how you refocused your business on what was making you the most money, and just improved that niche. That is a great reminder to the rest of us investors to pay attention and try to replicate that in our own businesses. Keep up the good work! 

Michael Beeman, Real Estate Agent

Great episode.  Good to hear about the mistakes as well as the successes.  Never thought of wholesaling in the manner.

Great Podcast! Personally I am not looking to focus on wholesaling but I have to say this is a great mindset episode. Had some greats nuggets and takeaways. 

Warren Garceau, Financial Advisor

Newbie question: for a new investor thinking about his first buy, finding an interesting deal is difficult ... does it make sense to go to a wholesaler business like Sam’s? Or are the buyers for this kind of business only “big fish” (i.e. buying all cash, lots of money, etc.) ?

@Sam Craven really enjoyed te episode. I'm a newbie so I'll admit a lot of it was over my head. One thing I heard you say, is that you don't need to be an agent to access the MLS, but I'm not sure I heard exactly how it is that non agents can access it. (I hope I'm not mixing up my podcast episodes here!)

So, how do non-agents take a look at those listings? Glad to hear from anyone on this thread who knows about this! 

@Marvin Barrera you can typically go to a local real estate agency's website and they'll have a search engine you can use to look at "for sale" listings on the mls. You can also use realtor.com.  If you're looking at buying you can always get an agent to setup a search for you that way you can get an email with new listings daily. You can't really access much else on the mls without an agent. 

@Kathleen Heine thanks so much! Ok got it. So at the end of the day you’re gonna need an agent or become an agent yourself to access that info. Super basic question I know, but I was wondering. I appreciate you responding! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.