BP Best Poster Awards - Who Are Your Nominees?

74 Replies

Here are mine:

Most Informative Posts - JScott (Jon Holdman honorable mention)
Best Overall Poster on All Subjects - Vikram
Best Finder of Pertinent Old BP Material - Steve Babiak
Best Money Raising Posts - Don Konipol

Other categories and awards are certainly welcome. Feel free to give back by posting a thank you for anyone you have learned from this year.

Its a toss up for me for the most informative, although those you mention are certainly included in that category.

Best overall, I do think V is great, but still hard to decide on that.

Steve, without a doubt deserves that

Don't know off hand who Don is. I will admit that there are certain members who I will read everything they put out/post. Will Barnard, JScott, Holdman, Bill, Rich, Steve and Tim Weineke(probably spelled his last name wrong) are a few of them off the top of my head. I even miss the controversial but helpful post of the 'ol MikeOH.

I think this topic will be too opinionated to officially declare a winner but I think we can all admit, there are a select few that certainly deserve credit.

If you scan through the different topics, there are only a few people who actually post. With a membership of over 60,000 it should have more than 25-50 main characters - yet that is the extent of what I have observed.

Best Financial Information: Bryan Hancock
Best Flipping: Tie between Will B and J Scott
Most Diverse: Vikram
Long Term Holding: Rich Weese
Best Low End SFR Holding (rents under 750): MikeOH
Middle End SFR Holding (rents 750-1500): Jon Holderman
High End Holding (rents over 1500): myself (LOL)

Several other posters I thoroughly enjoy, so keep posting!

Best Legal & Tax Info: Clint Coons (Not prolific but very sound advice)

Best Overall: Vikram certainly has sound advice in many categories but there are a couple of others

Best archivist & Researcher: Steve Babiak hands down ( Steve can find anything on the site)

Personally, I'm glad to see input from everyone. Posting in the forums is the best way to get to know one another and truly make use of the best resource BP has to offer.

This is a tough one. The one poster whose every post I make it a point to read is Don Konipol. I think it is because he posts on a subject that I find particularly interesting and he also posts somewhat infrequently, making it easier to read all his posts.

On flipping, J Scott without a doubt. One characteristic of his posts is that it is informative for newbies and experienced investors alike, which is not easy to do.

On deal analysis, Jon Holdman, although I violate pretty much all his rules in my business.

On general real estate creative ideas, Rich Weese. I doubt I will ever know as much about RE as he does.

I used to enjoy reading posts from MikeOH (low-end landlording), Jawsette (on tax liens) and P NW (landlording), but they are now missing from this site. :(

I also enjoy reading Mike M's posts on government, cops, landlording, etc.

Nick,
I'm flattered but please don't put my name in with guys like Mike and Rich. I'm only 34 and have only come back full time into this for about 2-3 years now. These guys have been at this much longer and are far above where I'm at. It's flattering and humbling but I haven't earned it yet. Check with me in 20 years. ;-)

Tim

Best rehab advice: J Scott
Best short sale: Bill P
Deal Analysis: Jon
Overall Knowledge: Toss up between Vikram and Rich W. FinEx is up there too.

I try to keep track of posts by Rich W, Vikram, Tim W, and J Scott, but there are so many people who have a wealth of knowledge it's hard to narrow it down. I also feel the loss of MikeOH, he was one of my regular reads.

I didn't always agree with Mike Oh, but I enjoyed Mike's posts. Mike clearly has many years of experience in landlording in some tough areas as well. Having been a landlor for about 15 years, I can appreciate some of the issues he brought up.

FYI - For those of you who miss Mike, shoot him a PM. I know that he is busy working on some other (non RE) projects, but maybe if enough of you hit him up, he'll swing by for some of his usual, no-nonsense input.

I can't rate my knowledge or post quality. But I do know one thing - I am committed to creating more BP millionaires than anyone else. I have already created one, and am in the process of creating a couple more. Hopefully, I will be able to create several more over the next few years and will keep you guys updated through the Make Deals forums.

I think we are all lucky that Josh took it upon himself to create this wonderful forum that has no agenda other than to help RE investors.

Friendliest and most welcoming: Charles Perkins

Whose every post I read greedily: J Scott and Will Barnard

Always insightful: Jon Klaus

Most willing to help: Jon Holderman and Bill Gulley

Best wholesaling advice: Ryan Webber

For knowledge I crave and try so hard to understand:

Bryan Hancock and Don Konipol

Most encouraging: Bryan Hancock

Most likely to run me off: Jeffrey Koenig (he hates wholesalers!):roll:

Now, for the all time tag team champs, That would have to go to Bryan Hancock, Tom Cullen, and Tim Wienke! Those guys can really get after it!!

Best wholesaling advice: Ryan Webber

I agree with this, I always make it a point to read his posts. He is also a close 2nd in the "straight shooter" category.

Revive old thread for 2018 era posters:

Best on appreciating markets and financials: @Llewelyn A.

Most broad RE knowledge: @Jay Hinricks

Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

Most informative on financing: @Chris Mason

Lots of good posters on this site.  I am sure I am missing many. 

I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

I am interested in who others think is the best STR poster.

Originally posted by @Dan Heuschele :

Most informative on PM in lower rent areas: @James Wise (honorable mention on funniest with some of his experiences)

I can learn a lot from @Cody L. (acquiring deals, scaling, isolating market expertise, etc.) but do not know what award to present.  He has been slowly convincing me of the merits of large non-local multifamily. 

Now this is an interesting thread. Maybe BP should do a March Madness style tournament for each forum category. That'd be pretty cool to see.

Wow thanks man.  Means a lot (seriously)

Thanks for the mention. :)

How did you even find this 8 year old thread? Pretty sure I was at community college being a Model UN nerd when this thread was started.... won "best dressed" representing a middle eastern country, while wearing attire I had picked up while stationed in the middle east, and starting WW3 over a ridiculous and unjust fig tariff (I did not win best diplomat).

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here