Ep 293. Retire Early w Real Estate & Do What Matters -Chad Carson

12 Replies

Have you ever thought about retiring early, traveling, and living your best life now? On today’s show, we interview Chad Carson, author of the new BiggerPockets Publishing book Retire Early With Real Estate.

Today Chad shares how he and his partner were able to accumulate 90 units and live purely off the money generated by their portfolio! In this episode, learn how Chad got started and the steps he took to elevate his business and which strategies he used to make $120,000 on one flip!

Chad’s story covers the gamut of flipping, wholesaling, buy-and-hold, and more. If you want to know what it looks like to retire early with real estate (including what you may be doing wrong right now, and how to change that), this is an episode you definitely want to download now!

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

Just watched my first BP podcast "How to retire early with real estate & do what matters more". Really good podcast I enjoyed everyone and enjoyed listening to Chad, Brandon, and David speak. Chad talked about the security in real estate (as opposed to stocks).  

David said something that I'm sure I will never forget:

Saving money feels safe, BUT saving money doesn't make you wealthy. He said investing what we save, is what makes you money. 

Good stuff.

I have a question about the podcast. I’m not sure if it’s better to post it here or in the forums. In the “deep dive” Chad mentioned he purchased a property at a tax sale and there happened to have been a mortgage on it. Are you required to pay that mortgage off or does it go away when you are given the tax deed?

Originally posted by @Morris Cohen :

I have a question about the podcast. I’m not sure if it’s better to post it here or in the forums. In the “deep dive” Chad mentioned he purchased a property at a tax sale and there happened to have been a mortgage on it. Are you required to pay that mortgage off or does it go away when you are given the tax deed?

Hey Morris - in South Carolina where I invest, a tax deed "wipes out" the mortgage and that lender loses their money because the property taxes are in superior position to the mortgage. That's why I was surprised the mortgage company didn't pay the taxes when they received notice. It was a big mistake on their part. 

Tax sales in Arkansas are from March through September - so only a few more weeks. You can access the auction list online.

I was thrilled to hear this deep dive. I work with these tax delinquent properties, every day!

Originally posted by @Ayne C. :
@Mindy Jensen I'm not seeing this episode listed in Google play. I see up to 292. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having issues with Google Play displaying all our podcasts. It is available everywhere else, which tells me this is a Google Play issue. (It's even available on Google Podcasts, just not Play.) 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you