Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Adrienn Lanczos
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Vieques, Puerto Rico
Votes |
Why is Puerto Rico not in the listing drop down?

Adrienn Lanczos
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Vieques, Puerto Rico
Posted Mar 24 2020, 13:38

I’m a broker in Vieques, PR (zip code 00765) and while sitting in covid lockdown I thought, hey why don’t I start inputting my listings into Bigger Pockets. Lo and behold Puerto Rico is not a valid selection so I sent an email to support and their answer was they only cater to the “United States” but will forward my request to the Marketplace manager and that it may take a while.

If you care to see this change and have started investing in Puerto Rico please help with getting this minor change implemented. My background is in software dev and I worked on a major bank's REO website query improvements so I'm quite confident it's not an earth shattering technological challenge. By sending an email along to request Puerto Rico be added so you can use filtering etc just as with any other state you'd be helping me and other interested folks out. Here is the message I sent:

——

....it seems that you are neglecting a part of the United States that for all intents and purposes is equivalent to states especially as it relates to real estate and property investments. Someone at Bigger Pockets is either short sighted or needs to brush up on their world knowledge.

Puerto Rico is served by USPS, we have a representative in Congress and we pay into social security and Medicare. Furthermore all federal loans including USDA loans are available here for properties!!!!!

....Can you please escalate this request to a manager or someone who can explain the business decision to exclude Puerto Rico? Zillow, realtor.com etc all have Puerto Rico listings. I find it pretty disheartening and seriously illogical that you would exclude Puerto Rico. I look forward to a follow up on this communication.

Adding Puerto Rico to the drop down should not be a giant technological feat. We are served by the same zip code service as all of the rest of the United States.

Loading replies...